- 3 large yams or sweet potatoes (~800 grams after roasting and peeling)
- juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter (or bacon fat, lard, coconut oil, etc.)
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in yams with a fork. Wrap in foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- While the yams are roasting, place a small pan over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add sage leaves and cook until they are crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove them with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain. Then crumble the sage leaves.
- Peel the cooked yams and place in a deep bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip until smooth. Add juice from the oranges, maple syrup, goat cheese, salt and crumbled sage leaves. Whip together until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Prep time: 60 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins