- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4large eggs
- 1head frisée (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1romaine lettuce heart (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. Combine vinegar, shallot, mayonnaise, mustard, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until thoroughly incorporated; set aside.
- 2. Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Heat fat over medium-low heat. Fry eggs, covered, until whites are just set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss frisée and romaine with dressing and divide among individual bowls. Top each salad with fried egg and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Good salad is always yummy!