Author: The Crepes of Wrath
Prep time: 5 MINS
Cook time: 10 MINS
Total time: 15 MINS
Serves: 2 drinks + extra berries
Cinnamon and clove scented berries shaken with simple syrup, gin, and lemon juice.
For the Berries:
- 2 cups blackberries/blueberries/raspberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
For the Bramble:
- 6 ounces gin
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 ounces simple syrup (from the berries or regular)
- club soda, to top it all off (or real get fancy and use prosecco)
- Place your berries in a small pot and add in the sugar, water, cinnamon, and cloves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then simmer for 8 minutes, until the berries have softened (but not disintegrated) and the sugar has dissolved. You will have extra if you’re not making drinks for a crowd, so these will keep well in their syrup for up to a week.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine your gin, lemon juice, and syrup. You can use some of the syrup from the berries, if you want a really fruity drink, or you can just use regular simple syrup. To make plain simple syrup, just boil 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water until the sugar dissolves. Easy!
- Add ice to the top and shake well, for at least 10 seconds. Use a strainer (so you don’t have any lemon pulp) to pour the cocktail into two ice filled glasses. Drop a spoonful or two of berries into the drink, drop with club soda, and add a straw. Allow your guests to stir the drink themselves; the pink looks really pretty when you serve it, almost ombre, and then it magically combines in your guests’ hands!